Reusable Coffee Pods.
The best way to save money while helping to save the planet is to start using Reusable Coffee Pods in your coffee maker...
They work out to be cheaper than disposable capsules, they're great because you get to use your own coffee and they are great for the plant as there is no more plastic waste.
Changing from single-use coffee pods to reusable capsules is easier than you think as we have a reusable coffee pod for pretty much every model and manufacturer.
1. ARE REUSABLE COFFEE PODS ANY GOOD?
There are many benefits to switching to reusable pods:
✔ They're much more budget friendly
✔ You can use your favourite coffee beans, right there, in the comfort of your home.
✔ They're earth-friendly, helping to divert countless plastic, single-use pods from ending up in landfill.
2. DO REUSABLE COFFEE PODS WORK IN ALL MACHINES?
As coffee capsules vary in size from brand to brand, you need to select a reusable pod compatible with your specific machine. Check the compatibility list on the product pages to make sure the reusable capsules will work in your model, if unsure, reach out to use.
Nespresso Original Line Models
Lavazza Modo Mio
Keurig - K-Cup
3. HOW DO REUSABLE COFFEE PODS WORK?
Whilst each reusable pod system varies slightly, they work in pretty much the same way:
- Fill the reusable capsule base with your favourite ground coffee (whether it be organic, fair trade, or even decaf,
- Apply the lid to the top of the refillable pod (most utilise either a stainless steel, aluminium, or silicone lid).
- Pop the capsule into your machine as normal, and brew a shot.
- Rinse, repeat, and enjoy!
4. HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU USE REUSABLE COFFEE PODS?
The longevity of a refillable capsule depends on which type you choose. Any premium stainless steel capsule base should technically outlive your appliance, maximising your environmental impact, and your savings.
5. HOW MUCH MONEY IS SAVED BY SWITCHING TO REUSABLE COFFEE PODS?
Throwaway capsules actually cost a lot more to brew than standard coffee beans. When you look at price-per-brew, you generally pay a lot less per kilo if you refill your pods at home.
6. HOW MANY SINGLE-USE COFFEE PODS ARE DIVERTED FROM LANDFILL BY SWITCHING TO REUSABLE CAPSULES?
If you drink one coffee per day, by simply swapping out single-use for reusable, you'll be saving a whopping 365 disposable pods from ending up in places like landfill and our oceans. At one cup per day, you'll also save 15kg of greenhouse gases from entering the atmosphere.